PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

A quick update

Today was much better than yesterday and last night. Yesterday she just kinda moped around most of the day. Till last night when her fever hit 103.4. That really scared me. The doctor gave me an antibiotic, just in case I felt like she needed it. Well to be on the safe side I ran to Target and got it filled, ask the pharmacists if there was anything else I could do for her and of course the answer was no, just round the clock Tylenol...of course he asked if I was switching it up with the Motrin, because it is better at getting the fever down..but sadly she can not have Motrin as it depletes the platelets even more and we would like to keep all she has right now. Her platelets were up to 34 when we went to the doctor so that was somewhat of a relief!!! Up is always better than down. The other day I found a CBC from when she was about 18 months old and it made me cry. her platelet count was 289!! I remember just a year ago when Ty was real sick and having to have blood counts checked because his hemoglobin had dropped to 7, which was pretty dang scary too as a normal for a man should be around 13-16. But I remember this because he saw how high his platelets were I think around 330 and it made him sad that his were so high and hers were not. I remember him telling me he would give her all of his so that she could go and do the things that she wanted to do!!! I agree I would give her all of mine too. I wish that there was some way that they could take some of my bone marrow and some of Ty's marrow and mix it together and make the right thing that she needs!!!! But no we must rely on a stranger to be so kind as to donate theirs so that my child may live.
Any way didn't mean to get off the subject as I tend to ramble sometimes....
But today was a much better day for her as far as the fever goes, it never got over 99 all day! yay but she still has the nasty cough and stuffy nose. I am praying that tomorrow is a much better day for her. I hate to see her so sick.
Thanks for checking in on us an I will keep you posted on how she is doing.

No comments: