PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Arrival in Vegas

We left our house at 7:00am Wednesday morning and headed to the airport. We grabbed a quick but expensive breakfast at the airport and boarded the plane at 10am. We had a pretty much smooth flight. Any way here is a view of I think Lake Mead as we were flying in.

and yes another one.
It sort of looked like we were landing on the moon. It was so pretty because there is nothing around and then all of a sudden you see this city in the middle of a circle of mountains!



We arrived in Vegas at 12:05, got our luggage and then headed to the car rental. That was a night mare and took us forever! We found out that there were about 3 different conventions going on and we were lucky that we made our reservations when we did. As it was the car that we had rented a Jeep Liberty or one like it was taking like 2 hours to get to them..so the nice lady at the garage decided she would go up and look for something, she did offer us a 300m but our luggage wouldn't fit so she went up and brought us down a Jeep Commander.

Don't laugh...here we are enjoying a huge Whisky Girl drink, a beer and some lunch at Toby Keith's!
My sweet hubby of 17 years!

Don't ask why we all look short and dumpy and a lot lumpy?!?!





Our good friend Wilt.

This is the Venetian..OMG it was beautiful. We headed there after we ate Linner, ya know lunch and dinner...hehehe

It was starting to get dark as you could tell.

Here is where we took the gondola ride. It was so much fun. I have a picture that they took but haven't had time to scan it in yet I will get to that in time!

While we were waiting for our turn to ride this is how my hubby spent his time. this was the only day he had any luck. Turned his $20.00 into $80.00. Yeah Ty


This was the canal and some scenes out side. I have pictures from the inside of the Venetian that I will get to later.



We ended our night at the Treasure Island...watching the pirate show. I heard it use to be real good but just like every thing else in Vegas this too has become a very sexual show. I have a few video clips that I will also work on later too.
As you can see from the picture below....

and yes I had a pain pill and a half from all the walking we did! We decided that night to take a cab back to the resort. That may be my last cab ride ever, especially in Vegas. I am not kidding you when I tell you he was just whipping in and out of traffic and we looked like rag dolls flying all over the cab! I had to make Mr. Defensive driver bite his tongue!


Ok sorry this took so long but I am now back in charge of this house and three demanding kids!! I so enjoyed my vacation and not having to wait on anyone! Actually got waited on by my hubby. It was kinda nice for a change!!!




More too come tomorrow!!! Hoover Dam and more of the Strip!

1 comment:

Stefunkc said...

Wow! My neighbor and friend went to that same pirate show and was floored! She said they had no idea!