Follow by Email


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

We are waiting on paper work and that paper work is going to take a little while, but we have made some tentative plans.We will leave to head to Minnesota shortly after Easter. We had to push it back a week or so because of a major thing, they are opening a new hospital in Minnesota. I was told that if we go in before the switch she would have to be transferred over to the new hospital and any one who has been through a transplant before will know that is not something you want!! She will have no immune system what so ever and I just don't want to take a chance like that. Which that should give them plenty of time to get all the paper work done and the donor narrowed down and ready to go for transplant day.
I think it works out a little better for the kids because, now they will only be missing the last two weeks of school. I still need to go and talk to Nate's school to see if when the time gets closer if they can give me some of his extra work to get it finished and to the principal to see if we can get the last two weeks excused for him. One good thing is he is a straight A student and I think he is more than capable of handling the extra work. When I told him that he wouldn't have to go to a new school in Minneapolis he was so happy. Nathan is an extremely shy boy and can't stand new and change. He was starting to panic about going to a new school, even though I tried to explain to him that it wasn't a big school it was going to be a little homeschool right there at the Ronald McDonald house. I also and glad to have it work this way for both he and Amelia, because we get out of school early in May and I don't think they(Minnesota) gets out of school till some time in June. I want them to enjoy what little bit of a summer they will have. This way too, if Nate is feeling OK he can visit with Amelia and play with her in the hospital! They are best friends, I heard them talking about it yesterday. It was so cute!!
On the home front we have Marshall home sick again. We are taking him back to the doctor this morning, he sound worse than the last time, which was about two weeks ago and he missed a week of school for it. This time I don't think he is going to be able to miss a week of school! He has play practice tomorrow and they need to run the show so he will need to be there. There is truly NEVER a dull moment here in this house, some times its hard to even stop and catch your breath!! Amelia is also going to go and get a finger stick so we can see where her hemoglobin is and if things are pretty much the same we will wait and get a vein puncture CBC on the 1st of March, if it looks worse than before then we will get one sooner. Please pray that her counts continue to remain stable, not just for this one but until we leave to head to Minnesota.
Well gotta run to get ready for the doctor, I'll let ya know how things work out.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's official......

We're going to Minnesota!!!!!!!!
The Louisianan Sheriff's Association board met today and I am so happy to say that effective March 1st they will be increasing her transplant cap to $800,000.00!!! We have all been crying with such joy....Now I can start getting my "ducks" in a row.
I am not sure when we will be leaving. I am thinking that it will more than likely be shortly after April 1st! There is a lot of paper work that needs to get done! We still need your continued prayers and support as the road is a long and hard one, I will do my best to keep you all up dated!


Sitting on pins and needles......


Sorry for the lack of updates, it has been crazy busy here. Amelia did a finger stick last week to see where her counts were. The good news is that her hemoglobin moved up just a bit to 7.1. Up is up and I will take it. She has been a moody little thing and I understand why, one she doesn't fell good and second of all she is so extremely nervous about what is going to be happening in the next few months or so. I've tried to reassure her there is nothing to worry about, but how can I reassure her when I can't reassure myself.

Today the LSA meets, I have no idea what time, I also have no idea where or if I will even hear anything today. I hate the not knowing. I need to know where we are going because there is so much that I need to get together to get organized and this not knowing has me so up in the air and I feel that my mind is a cluttered mess and I just can't seem to think straight, I now know what it means to be in a fog, cause I really feel like that. Too much going on at one time, too much to take care of!! I like organization and schedules! I'm so unorganized I have no idea of what to even cook.
I also hate sitting here on pins and needles waiting to hear what their decision would be. So many emotions bottled up inside, I wanna scream, I wanna cry and most of all I can't do any of it with Amelia around, I can't and won't let her know that I am feeling this way. She needs to think that I know what I am doing!
Oh her health from she is doing fairly well. The doctor said we could wait till the 16th of Feb to get counts again. Amelia is happy with that decision.
Nathan too has been real clingy, I think he knows that somethings are getting ready to change but has no idea of what or how.

Speaking of Nate, he has his Father/Son cake bake on Monday night for Cub Scouts. The categories were, of course, things having to do with cub scouts, Saints and gross out. Nathan decided to do a gross out cake.... He wanted to do a toilet.... so here are a few pictures of his.....

yes it was a toilet cake with both in there and a bit of toilet paper...needless to say it was pretty gross!!!

And here is the first place winner in the gross out category

He was so proud of his trophy!!
Well I'm off to figure out something to cook....taco's anyone?
As soon as I hear anything on this screwed up mess of insurance I will be sure to post an update.