PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day 3 in Vegas...Grand Canyon Adventure...

We programed "Sweetie" for the west Grand Canyon. Well I shouldn't say we, I should say Wilt!
Wilt said we don't need a map she will get us there. Well it was another one of those days it took us almost 7 hours to get to the Grand Canyon...don't ask but we had fun and made a lot of stops along the way. It was my turn to climb behind the wheel of the Commander. I let the guys sit in the back and relax and enjoy a few drinks. Well "Sweetie" took us the scenic route...yep Route 66, but when she said we arrived at our destination, well it was in the middle of no where. Never let a man program the GPS!!! Susan re programed her to get us to the South Rim. Which took us another hour and a half.




We finally arrived at the Grand Canyon at 3:00, we started our Journey at 8:30 or so that morning and if we Wilt would have programed her right, it would have only taken us about 4 hours of so...depending on how many stops you have to make along the way. I have to say though we had a great time!
Our first stop on the way...
We arrived!

It was breath taking and absolutely beautiful!









We decided to ride to a little town just south west of Flagstaff, called Sedona. It was so much more beautiful than the Grand Canyon and well worth the 45 minute of so ride there! We started out journey at elevation level of 6,000. I would have gotten more pictures of the road signs and all if I had not been the one doing the driving...I have no idea how many mile the road was to get into the town, but it was a twisting and turning road going down the mountain. It had numerous hairpin turns! When we got to the bottom there was a sign that said elevation 5,000 feet. But the views from here were just so unforgettable. We all said we wished we would have had more time there. Unfortunately we got there right when the sun was setting... Arizona is a place I definatly want to go back and visit!!!!



There were red rocks everywhere! We decided we need to grab a bite to eat and settled on this place



We found out that this place was one of the oldest places there and was a place where John Wayne him self frequented! The food was pretty good. We got an appetizer a combination plate. It had fried cactus which I must say was pretty darn tasty, buffalo meat and yucky fried snake...sorry I just couldn't stomach it. I had had buffalo before and it was ok, nothing I would rave about!!
The snake...
The Cactus...

The snake well I tried to bite into it, but it was real gummy and well I just couldn't swallow it!


We finished the night on the quaint little strip and then headed back up the mountain for a 4 hour ride back to Vegas. It wasn't quite 4 hours. It took us shorter to get back because we took mostly interstate home not Route 66!!!




Well that was about it for the day.


I will get to 4 later, first I have to go get dressed for my high school reunion! I can't believe I was talked into this. Some days it seems like just yesterday and others it seems like a life time ago, and I suppose in a way it was...


No comments: