PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Midnight up date.....

Catheter was a no go they tried but the nurses didn't have much success, we consulted urology and after much discussion decided against it. They did a bladder scan and found that, thankfully the bladder is not full of urine. If you have ever had a bladder infection you feel like you have to go ALL the time. So the plan for tonight is to give her some fental instead of Dilauded on a steady drip with the bumps as needed. Also going to get some Valium for her bladder to relax. Our goal is to keep her as comfortable as we can, because unfortunately with hemorrhagic cystitis we have to keep the bladder flushed, if not they will develop clots in there and we don't want that to happen.
I know we are not to question why things happen, but I just can't help it. Marshall went through this and had a seriously bad case of it and that is why he staid in the hospital for 5 solid months! It was one of our worst night mares come true...we were so hoping that she would not have gotten this. I can't help but feel angry that this happened. Why do I have to watch another child suffer so. I know that there are reasons for everything, but this was the one thing that I asked and prayed to God to not let happen. The doctors have reassured me that their treatment has change a lot since Marshall's day, but still it is just something that NO one should have to go through.
Anyway enough venting I am a mom and I gotta do what I gotta do to get my child better out of here and all the way back home to Louisiana to see her doggies Chico and get her a new toy poodle puppy!!!
Trusting in Him,
Kelly

If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your
mountain, "MOVE!" and it WILL move... and NOTHING will be
impossible for YOU!
- Matthew 17:20

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I too wish Amelia could have been spared this aspect of transplant. I hope and pray that the improved treatments help her to heal faster and feel less pain than Marshall did. I am also praying for the cellulitis to heal completely. I pray also for peace and comfort, for Amelia and for you as the days go on with her hospital stay extending.