PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 7th Day +11

June 7th 2000....11 years ago we were in another hospital with Amelia, as a new born baby. Yep today is her 11th birthday. As one of her favorite nurse assistants came in and wished her a happy birthday she said it's the worst birthday ever...unfortunatly I would definatly have to agree.
She did sleep a little better through the night, she really needed. She has kind of been fighting her sleep. I tried to explain to her that her body heals as she is sleeping. I know that she is in some pain too, but I really would like them to start to wean her off of the dilaudid...that is some strong stuff and I don't like the side effects. Marshall became addicted to that stuff and it was pretty horrid to watch him come off of it. She has been having presistant fever for about a week and we want them to go away!! She is still having the mouth sores and tummy aches and in her throat too.
We were hoping that we would see an improvment in the white blood count, but again today it is 0.1, again we are still early, as they tell you not to expect anything till between day +14 - +21. One could hope though can't we! She has gained in her weight which I am hoping we can get it down soon.
Right now we just ask for prayers for her mouth and tummy to heal and these sores to improve quicly...I think once we get her over that hurdle she will start to see more improvement daily. She is a tough cookie and of course for those cells to GROW!!

To Amelia,
My sweet little girl, your are a true blessing in my life and I love you! I know that this is not a birthday that anyone wants to have and I promise next year on your birthday we will have the biggest and longest celebration, starting that celebration on your re-birthday of May 27th an almost two week celebration, but it and you are so worth it!!!! I LOVE YOU. Mommy.

Blessings everyone! Believing in Him and having FAITH....
F fantastic
A adventure
I in
T trusting
H Him


Kelly

2 comments:

eleanormllr said...

Happy Birthday, Amelia!!! I wish you were feeling better. Ms. Miller will send you something that you would like once you are feeling better!!!

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday Amelia!! Now you have two very special birthdays to celebrate. I am praying for those yucky mouth sores and tummy aches to go away fast and most importantly GROW cells GROW!!!