PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Grumble, grumble...growl!

Why does nothing ever work out the way we want it too? I guess that would just make life to damn simple! I have in this journey of mine, really tried to learn not to sweat the small stuff. I have tried and am still trying, but that is usually easier said than done.. Of course it is the little things that keep adding up to eventually be a big thing!!! Life is one unending lesson after another.
Ok I am not going to bitch and grumble any more, I'm gonna dig out my happy face slap it on and be a perky little person...you know the one that annoys everyone!

I rescheduled Marshall's Oral surgery, of course it will have to be done while school is in unless a cancellation comes in before then. Our Disney cruise keeps getting pushed back to what now looks like the last week of February. So that means more days of school missed for all of them! We have been waiting on court check to come in since Aug...did they friggin' for get about my husband!! My sinuses are so full of pressure that I feel like my head will explode any minute...but I can't be sick! I am the man and the woman of the house these days! There isn't much that I can't do around here...I may have not known how to do it all but along the way (17 years of it) I have figured out a thing or two. After all, the one lesson my dad taught me and taught me well was to NEVER depend on any one but yourself and there is NOTHING that you can't do if you put your mind to it. Well, like I said life is one big lesson..... The lesson I am trying to learn is how to change to oil in the van. Hell if dumb and dumber can do it, I figure there is still hope for me. I am pretty handy to have around. I have a friend of mine, who I love dearly (hi Susan)but whose husband (Hey Wilt) told me that she will pass up the gas station on the way home, get home and tell him that the car needs gas and he has to go fill it up...she won't!! Oh and yes she is a blond!
Anyway I guess I'm just getting worn down and tired of being the man and the woman. I love my husband dearly and in no way am I mad at him...(I just needed somewhere to vent) It just goes to show you that life is full of lessons, no this is not what we wanted to happen in any way what so ever..no one ever plans an accident other wise it truly isn't an accident. No one plans to have sick kids, but there are plenty out there. All I am saying is the timing in all of this really sucks, but can't change it and need to keep trudging forward. At least I can still count on my husband for a paycheck...for now any way..hoping he's back at work before he runs out of time!

Tomorrow is a half of day for the kids, Nathan gets to where his PJ's to school tomorrow for Polar Express day. He is so excited..that is one of his FAVORITE movies of all times, he watches it every time he finds it on TV...I keep for getting to buy the movie for him, and yep, I've forgotten again this year and can't seem to find it anywhere! The whole school will watch it at the same time and they get to have cookies and hot chocolate while watching it...the teachers and all wear their PJ's too. So cute.
Saturday we have special visitors coming all the way from the North Pole...Yep Santa and Mrs. Claus will be coming to our house for a visit, and yes I will take lots of pictures to share with you.
Tuesday, we are going on a tour of the French Quarter with Make~A~Wish and Macy's. We will stop at the St Louis cathedral and take pictures with Santa again!!
Wednesday, my dad's birthday and the day I take Tyren back to the doctor for hopefully some really good news..... then of course Christmas Eve and Christmas. Busy, busy, busy...just the way I like it. Hopefully I won't hear I'm bored, at least until after Christmas I hope and then I hope they get enough stuff from Santa to keep them busy enough to keep from saying it........

One can hope can't they!


In case I don't get back before then...MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of You...Yeah even YOU!!!

No comments: