PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

If Only....

If only…
If only life would be different…
If only we all knew how to get along…
If only there were no childhood illnesses…
If only I’d spoke up sooner…
If only you'd spoke up sooner...
If only you would have really cared...
If only I could hear from you...
If only research would catch up…
If only time would stand still…
If only we could change the past…
If only I wouldn’t put things off till the last minute…
If only I wouldn’t procrastinate…
If only I wouldn’t be afraid of life and living it…
If only my child could wait 5 years for trials to start…
If only I’d known!!!!
I don’t know where I am going with this. All I know is there are a lot of if’s that I dwell on in my life and I am slowly trying to learn to let go of a lot of them. Its hard to think about…like if research would catch up! Our FA doctor is doing amazing work turning skin cells into becoming any tissue of the body. Called (iPS) Induced Pluripotent Stem cells. What it boils down to is they would take skin cells from Amelia, culture them over time and insert a correct FA gene into it and turn these cells into the much needed corrected marrow cells…They could also become natural killer(NK)cells that kill cancer cells…..if only this were available today…nope it won’t be ready for testing on actual patients for another 5-6 years and this has been in the works for about 5 years as Dr. Wagner told me about it at Marshall’s1year bone marrow transplant check up…10 years of research…IF ONLY!!!!!


PS sorry I just needed to vent a little a bit...

No comments: