PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Surgery is the call on the knee...

Ok the picture below is a picture of a torn meniscus...I know I don't see it either..but trust me it is there. But you see mine is not that simple. The one below is just torn, mine unfortunately is torn and flipped up. Which is preventing me from straightening my knee!!! It is always something.
This is a picture of a normal meniscus...still I don't see anything...


These below is also a meniscus with tears in them, which would have been the simple thing and possibly not have to have surgery, but well you know me when I do something I do it right!





Ok so anyway back to my point, I want to get the surgery and get this over with so I can get back to "normal" what ever that may be.
They plan on doing the surgery on Sept 29th as an out patient surgery and I should go home after. He said it typically takes about 6 weeks to heal all the way. He said unless you are a fast healer. Well that is my middle name, I am not a wimp when it comes to pain and healing...I had a c-section with Nathan on a Monday night at 8:30 and was home by Tuesday afternoon! SOoooooo. He also said something about needing physical therapy, but I plan on not needing it! He told me I could still go to the gym just the elliptical and the bike not the recumbent bike...now I gotta get use to the regular seat. Oh joy, well its not that bad I have been doing it for 20 minutes a day and so far my hiney is not hurting. He said if I keep going the recovery time should be shorter and easier...so I will be going as much as possible before Vegas.
Well that's all I have for now, its time to tuck kiddos in their beds!
Thanks for checking and thanks for keeping my kiddos in your prayers.....
Up next, Friday is the insectarium in NO for Amelia's 4th grade field trip!

No comments: