PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Day +84

We went to clinic this morning to get platelets and we figured she would need red cells due to all the blood clots that she had over night. Surprisingly enough her platelets weren't that bad they were 48 down from 54. I thought the nurse had told me that they were 20 something, but when I got the print out it was higher. Unfortunately her hemoglobin went from 9.1 to 7.4 so we also had to get a dose of red cells too. We were there all day till about 3:30. Fortunately while we were there her urine had cleared up a bit. Through the night last night she had some pretty huge clots in her pullups and yesterday she had two doses of her pain medicine, which is something that she hasn't had in quite a while. Just changed her and it was a beautiful Pyridium orange!! Which I have two favorite colors now....BRIGHT YELLOW P color and PYRIDIUM ORANGE! I remember praying so hard for Marshall to have yellow p and here again I am praying for the same thing...ya know that saying about history repeating itself...well I am living it here. We will go the weekend with out a clinic visit as it really would be to the clinic it would be to the ER as they haven't set up clinic for the weekends yet. So we will go in on Monday to do a CBC and see if she needs anything and if so we will get them done on Monday. We won't see the NP till Tuesday and then on Thursday we will see Dr Wagner. When I sent him an email last night to ask about how long does this generally last this was his response to me:

"What you typically see is that it becomes less and less severe and frequent. It is gradual. Typically completely gone by 3 months after transplant or markedly improved. I have something from the beach for Amelia. John"

Well she has about a week and a half and it will be three months since transplant, so she has a lot of curing to do in that week....I know I'm not holding her to the 3 months, because that is typically and well there is nothing typical about Amelia!!
We are going to ask on Thursday if this will keep us from going home in 3 weeks from today!! and if it does not, will he please call and talk to our local hematologist to make sure they know all about the stupid hemorrhagic cystitis and how to handle it if it should flare up once we get home ( which I pray that it doesn't) I will be a ball of nerves over the next few weeks. I want more than nothing to go home, but at the same time I want the best for my child I want to make sure it is the right thing for her. I worry about her mental health, if we don't get to go home and have to stay too much longer than her time, I think she will get depressed...she just wants to see her dog!! She misses her brothers and dad too...as we both do and it is a lot harder this time to be so spread out from each other!!
Please continue to pray for Amelia that she remain strong and that this HC goes away and stays AWAY!!! That her count continue to rise and stay on the rise, that her mental state stays just as strong as she ever has been! She is one tough cookie and has been through more than her fair share over her life time, but still she doesn't complain she just keeps rolling along with the punches!!
Thanks again for your support and prayers.....I will let you know how she does over the weekend.
Blessings,
~Kelly

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Miss Amelia you are most definitely one very strong girl!! How cool that your doctor brought you a gift from his vacation! All mine ever give me are medical bills! ;) I am praying so hard for you that your stubborn bladder heals - no more clots, no more pain, no more blood. Just perfect yellow pee. I am also praying that those cells keep growing and setting up shop in your marrow and growing ever stronger. I pray you do get to leave for home when you were scheduled to, and that it will be a safe decision.

Anonymous said...

I get updates from your blog. I pray that you guys get to come home when expected. Dr. Lotterman is ready for Amelia. Keeping you guys in my prayers. Hope to see y'all back @ Ochsner soon. Love, Michelle