PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day + 66

Greetings friends and faithful followers,
We are praying hard for Amelia. We seem to have taken a lot of steps backwards here. We were doing great and counts were looking good too. Monday was clinic and white blood cells were down to 3.0 and platelets were 22, hemoglobin was 10.4 but she had red cells a week ago. The hemorrhagic cystitis is back with vengeance. We were celebrating yellow pee and teeny tiny blood clots last Thursday and now we are back to pure blood and major clots, basically over night! We are both beyond frustrated. There are times I think we might need to go to the ER because she can't pee...then she sits and relaxes and is able to go, but unfortunately it is now pure blood when she is going. I get so depressed. She has stopped wanting to eat. I just feel like we have hit a brick wall and there is no way around it. We have about 6 weeks left here, but that may be extended if things don't improve.
I never thought that I would have to for a second time in my life pray for yellow pee and for a child to be able to pee with ease. It is just so dang frustrating!!

1 comment:

Susan Wensel said...

Amelia,

Things are rough now, but they will get better. You have been an inspiration to many around you - whenever I think things are rough for me (I have dystonia that makes my muscles spasm) I just think about what you are going through and how well you are doing and I realize I can handle it too!

Susan