PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day +36

greetings,
It's a beautiful evening in Minneapolis or at least it looks so from the view of room 4122!! I'm afraid to give an update on Mimi, I'm afraid I might jinx her good steps forward! She went 24 hours yesterday with out a fever from midnight to midnight and it was 101.2 so in the BMT world not that high. I went to the ROnald McDonald House last night to get a good night sleep. When Nate and I arrived at the hospital this morning she was waiting in the lobby with out a wheel chair just her and Fred (her IV pole) Then she was up most of the day with a little nap here and there, but up for a good part of the day. At 4 PT came and worked with her a bit and she got on the trike and rode it around the unit like two and a half times. She is still wearing pullups and having blood in her urine almost like a light koolaid cherry color, she passes a few clots here and there. They are painful to her, but I told her at least they are passing. Please pray that this continues, praying for no fevers, for the blood to be less and less in her urine,for her to be awake more and more and for her to get up and moving more and more!! We will start to move some more of her meds to oral medicines. I am going to talk to the doctor tomorrow in rounds to see if maybe we can get a day pass for a few hours to go back to the RMH for a few hours, that might brighten her spirits a bit more. Thanks in advance for the continued prayers, I know He is hearing them and we are feeling them!!
Love, Hugs and blessings,
Kelly

When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
~Author Unknown

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that Amelia is feeling a bit better! The power of prayer is truly amazing. 

I guess I'm not the only one that named my IV pole. :) I named mine Henry the Hallucinator after a bad morphine experience. I had my BMT a year ago July 1st and am also a FA patient. Just next week I'll be in Minnesota for my one year appointments. 

Anyway, I'll continue praying for Amelia. :)

~Angela

Bethany said...

Go Amelia!! I am so thrilled to hear that you are getting out of your room walking and riding your trike!! And 24 hours without a fever is a great sign of things to come!! I am continuing to pray that the blood in your urine is less and less until it goes away quickly, that you grow stronger, and that those fevers leave for good!! Keep growing good cells!!