PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Monday, November 16, 2009

A quick glimpse...

I really intended on doing a good update tonight....

No really I did...not that it would have said much.......
We had a pretty quiet weekend.
Marshall for the first time ever went with the church on a 2 night camping fall retreat. That was a big step for him! I think that was the first time that he spent the night a way, other than my parents house. But you have to understand all the "bad" things happened to Marshall in the middle of the night (like his brain hemorrhage) and I guess those are things that you just don't let go of. I, for one, know that it is nearly impossible to get that image of him laying there, throwing up blood and telling me his head hurts, out of my mind or the picture of him in the ER room just laying there..those are the images that seem to stick with me and just won't go away. Especially when I am laying there trying to get to sleep. Here lately it is the image of Ty in the ER on the stretcher with the neck brace on and laying on the board and tons of people all around him with his clothes all cut up/off and him shaking and taking short shallow breaths....there were people everywhere working on him and tons of sheriff's deputies, captains and chiefs and all. Why do those images stick in our heads? I guess it is because they are so traumatic. You can feel your whole life change in a matter of seconds....milliseconds! Change comes and you embrace the new and are thankful for everything you have. Sometimes change is good, sometimes not...but it is what it is and life goes on...you breathe in and you breathe out, putting one foot in front of the other and just do it! Yeah who doesn't want to be somebody else, who we think has better lives than us...but truth is, grass is not always greener on the other side! You know what I miss most right now is a great big hug, being held so tightly by Ty...something so simple, yet some may never get that chance again, I will...just when he heals more!

Sorry I seemed to have rambled there...
Amelia, spent most of the weekend out at my mom and dad's house, so that meant that we just had the wild man.....
Since the weather was nice, he spent most of his weekend out side in his camouflage attire...which I hate because when I go to look for him it makes it really hard to spot him. Thankfully he has gotten better at answering me when I call him, especially after our scare this summer!!!

Ty is bored, which I think is a good sign. Tomorrow morning I am going to the gym, he said he was going to take a ride with me and sit up there and talk with the front desk people, while I take the group strength class. At least it gets him out of the house for a little while. Then I have to check Marshall out of school take him to get his glasses fixed and to the allergist for shots and check ups...I feel it never ends. I still need to make an appointment with the endocrinologist and the dentist for both Marshall and Amelia.
Friday is the doctor for Ty, our general practitioner, not for anything specific, just because the hospital stressed to us more than once to go and see him in two weeks...
I started my two times a week therapy today and should be able to start jogging/running soon. Maybe I'll run a way from here for a while? Just kidding...these people would be 100% completely LOST with out me!! Which only means it is really time for them to start to standing on their own two feet.
Well I'm headed to bed...hoping for rest and peace or just some peaceful rest! 5:00 am comes just to dang early!!
Good night... I'll let you know how our venture goes....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you! praying that things get better for all of you!