PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Out the Funk

Ok, I am pretty much out of the funk that I had been in all last week. It was just a little hard to wrap my mind around the events of that week and exactly where we stood. I learned, in times of need, just who your friends really are and that I have a lot of great people in which to surround my self with! I realize that my husband is my whole life and means more to me than anything else in this world. I also realize how much he helped out. Its not always the big things its the little things, like giving Nate a bath, or starting the clothes for me, even washing dishes in the sink sometimes. Now I am doing it all, including waiting on him hand a foot, which I totally don't mind at all...I just need to start teaching my kids to be more independent and not to rely on me!!! Much easier said than done...lots of times it is just easier and quicker for me to do it. I will learn in time.. Wed was a doctor day for both Ty and I, his appointment with the ortho doc was in the morning and mine was in the afternoon. After visiting the ortho doc I now understand more of Ty's injuries. He has a tibial plateau fracture, there is a part at the top of the tibia that looks a little triangular and it is broken just a tiny part at the top is still attached so they have his leg in a immobilizer splint, if nothing moves it can heal right where it is! If any thing shifts then we are looking at a night mare to fix it all, mainly because he already has a steel rod in that leg and the doctor said it just makes it a little harder to attach hardware to hardware! We return in three weeks take more x-rays to see where it is and all that good stuff and then take it from there again.

My appointment went well, I still have a few more weeks left of therapy, but now I go twice a week instead of 3xs a week. I am going to go in the afternoons so that I can start back at the gym on a regular basis. I haven't been sleeping well this past week and want to get back into a routine. I am sure part of it is missing the gym but another part is I am sleeping by myself in our bed, because it is still too hard fro Ty to lay flat in the bed and get up, with his ribs hurting so badly so he has taken up residency in the recliner in the living room.
Anyway, I think that my leg is about 5* from being completely straight. One good thing is I can walk normal now! No more Quasimodo walking for me!
I know by the end of these next 6 to 8 weeks I will be so worn down and so ready for our cruise!!! The three days at Disney well not so much, the hubby better be able to do a lot of walking by then, cause if not I will not be pushing him around (again) in a wheelchair at Disney World!! I did that 10 years ago when he had that rod put in! If he can't do a lot of walking, we will just have to rent a motorized one!! Well I'm getting way ahead of myself here and need to just take it one day at a time. Trying to remember how to breathe in and breathe out and let it all go........................................................learning, little step, by little step..........

No comments: