PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Every time we seem to get our heads above the water....some one comes along and pushes us back under!! Well my husband didn't want to go to the motorcycle skills competition because he didn't want to ruin his gear or boots....well needless to say it is all ruined anyway. His boots were cut off of him, everything was cut off of him except for his duty rig...pants, shirts,undies. I really don't know any other way other than utter chaos. If things are calm then I feel that there is something wrong, chaos has seem to become our norm around here!

Anyway, we had a good weekend despite what happened. Ty came home on Saturday night, with a walker and a wheelchair. He is in extreme pain, but he will heal. Sunday was a quiet day for us. He woke up that morning and with tears in his eyes told me happy birthday and how thankful he was to be here to celebrate it with me! He is such a wonderful man! We both have thanked God, because we both know that it could have been a lot worse.
He will probably be out of work for at least 6 to 8 weeks if not more. I am sure it is going to take 6 weeks for the bones to heal and then I am sure he will need therapy too. He will return to the motorbike when he is able too. It's his job and he likes it. I am OK with that too. Does it make it any easier for me,...NO. But it is what it is, I just say a little prayer for him when he leaves for God to take care of him through the day and bring him safely home to us at night. I said that very prayer on Friday morning when I heard the bike crank up and I know that God heard it!!
The kids were all OK. Nathan was the only one that was a little anxious. I think once he was able to see his dad for things to sink in he was better. He's only 6 and didn't quite understand the concept of what had happened. He still doesn't understand that he can't run up and squeeze his daddy, but he's learning and I am sure Ty hopes sooner than latter.


As far as his salary is concerned I have no idea how or if he will be getting paid, I am sure that workman's comp should kick in soon, but that is not saying much...we will do what we can do!


Right now we are waiting for the case workers to get us appointments with the doctors so we can get a more definite answer to what is really going on in the leg and how long are we talking about being out. I received one phone call today and have not heard from anyone since...it's gonna be a long week.


The kids had a half a day of school, thanks to Hurricane/tropical storm Ida...I think it was more for the east side of the parish than us here. At our house it has not rained nor has the wind blown very hard!

Well I'm off to fix dinner for everyone. I will keep you posted as we stay posted.


Here is a picture from the scene....

Here it is on better days....

He was so funny in the ER, he looked at me with his neck still in a brace and all and tubes and hoses stuff every where and said...I lost my sunglasses. All I could do was smile.

Blessings,


1 comment:

Kristin Young said...

I'm so glad he's okay! So scary. Keep your head up. You have some hard days ahead.