PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hmmm.....

Well were to begin...so much going on in this house. We went back to the doctor for Ty on Wednesday. He has not been doing that great with therapy, and still walking like a pegged legged pirate, funny I know but not really. He is having an MRI on the 19th. It appears that there is some damage to the cartilage in there, probably a torn meniscus. Which his has been torn before and not needed surgery, so I am thinking that this time it tore more and he is going to have to have surgery on it. I know that a scope is a minor surgery thing and it will in the long run help him in therapy do more and get better faster, BUT and this is a freaking big but. His Family Medical Act Leave runs out on Feb 8th. Which still totally pisses me off that they made him take that! He got hurt on the job!!!! So this know means he has to be back to work before the 8th even if it is light duty, which obviously he has to do. I still think it is wrong that he had to take FMLA, no where in there does it say ANYTHING about taking it when you are hurt on the job!!!!!! So in order to not lose his current rate of pay and benefits he has to return to work before the 8th! If he does not return to work then he could take a $10,000 cut in pay...well hello we have a hard enough time getting by with his full pay! Surgery will have to be scheduled after his return, which they will make him use his vacation time for and then we still need to fight with them to let him off so we can go on our cruise as a family! I know it will all work out one way or another, I am just praying that it works out in our favor.
Then on top of all of this we get a subpoena to appear in court on the 25th. The lady that hit him is fighting the ticket! She was lucky she only got one ticket. They could have wrote her for 4 tickets. The wrote her for failure to yield to an emergency vehicle.

All the while Amelia's counts still continue to plummet. March seems to be getting here faster and faster. I feel like I am holding on to a bunch of ropes and they are slowly slipping out of my hands and I CAN'T get a grip on them.
I am trying to put things out of my mind and focus on the day to day...but some days there is a heavy fog here that I just can't seem to get it to lift. I keep telling my self we will worry about that when the time comes or when it gets closer...truth be told I think it is getting here faster and faster and I am just afraid to face reality!

I don't want to keep sounding like a downer so I'm just gonna go for now and try to enjoy the next few days...I'll be back again. I let you know what we find out from the MRI.

No comments: