PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Disney Wonder.....

I interrupt this crazy roller coaster night mare I am on to go back to the lovely vacation memories.


Ok after two full days at Disney we headed out to Cape Canaveral. We were there a little early and decided we needed to grab a few last minute things and since we were there, we took a stop in Cocoa Beach, just because.

The kids walked on the beach for a few minutes and then we headed to our port....and that's where we spotted our ship.


We had to go through customs security and then into the Disney terminal....


Once on the ship they had a lunch buffet set up in two different restaurants. We chose the one on the Deck 9 as everyone else was heading to the one on deck 3.




After we ate they said our rooms would be ready for 1:30 and our luggage wouldn't be there till late. We were lucky when we went to view our room, our luggage was waiting for us! yay...
The room was beautiful!


We had two navigators veranda. We had a tub shower combo and a separate area for the toilet, all together we had 4 sinks! We had lots of room and the boys had one right next door and we had adjoining doors to the rooms that stayed open the entire time.
After we ate and checked out the room there wasn't a lot of time before it was time to do the famous drill.....oh yeah they were so excited.....



except for these two nuts....


After the drill we were headed back up to deck 9 for the Bon Voyage party...this is after all Disney and it was a great party as the ship set sail and since we left a little early because the kids wanted to go and check out the kids club this is who we ran into in the halls...



Then it was on to the clubs and after we got them signed in, which I have to say I would not have left my kids there if I didn't feel so secure there! They gave us a pager and the kids had security wrist bands they were scanned in and we had to present a room key so they could see our pictures and then we had to give them a password. They asked for the pass word every time we picked them up! I didn't think the kids would want to go there but boy were we wrong....Ty and I spent lots of quality time together. Marshall had a teen club that he went to and as long as we were on the ship that's where he was, so we rarely saw him.

The food was great! The lounges were a lot of fun for Ty and I. I have to say there was something fun for every one and there wasn't hardly any fighting between the kids...mostly because Marshall didn't eat supper with us every night we had the 8:15 seating and that was too late for him to eat. He gets acid reflux really bad. Which no matter he would not have eaten all the good food that they had, as it was Nate and Amelia got the same thing to eat every single night! But that is another story for another day, it's late and I am tired and I have a 1st grade field trip tomorrow...
When I find out when and where we are going for transplant I will post. Dr Wagner did talk to some one at Cincinnati Children's Hospital and the insurance that we have will be accepted there, but he is still trying to convince them to let us come to Minneapolis. I know that it is all in God's hands and I am putting my faith in Him.
Blessings,

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful trip photos. It sounds like you all had a fabulous time, and I can see why. :) What an adventure!! Dianne Ploetz

Mary Ann Fiaschetti said...

Kelly,
The trip sounds like it was a hit for all 5 of you! Hooray!

I am praying for Amelia that God will get her where she ought to be for the best care. I cannot imagine how you feel; I am speechless that an insurance company would pay for Marshall to transplant at MN and not Amelia. Praying for your strength through this very trying time.
Hugs,
Mary Ann (Peter's Mom, day +93)