PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

back....

OK Peeps sorry I have been MIA!! We've been busy with doctors and dentist.
So here is the 411... (OK Amelia just informed me I am too old to uses peeps and 411)

I bit the bullet and made contact with Cincinnati Children's Hospital. I emailed the doctor there and with in 10 minutes she had emailed me back. Nurse Coordinator called me the next day as it was late in the afternoon and now we have appoints scheduled for April 7 & 8. My mom, dad and I are gonna drive up with Amelia and Nate. That way I'll have some help because she will be having some test run on her and I am sure we will have a very busy and stressful two days. There is a lot to cram in to a two days. While we are there one of my BFF's wants us to check out local restaurants so that way when people back home ask what they can do for us she said she is gonna tell them a gift card to restaurants and groceries.

I am starting to be a little more at ease with this decision that was, well, made for me. My other Bestest Friend Susan asked me if I was OK with going to Cincinnati....well you know how people talk about those light bulb moments? I actually had one it just hit me I felt the click in my brain.! She asked if I was OK with the decision and I told her I had to be I had no choice, the only two places left were Cincinnati or New York and I asked the doc in Minnesota which one he would go to and as I was telling her this..it just clicked, it doesn't matter what hospital we go to, in the end God is in control!!! His will, will be done no matter what hospital we are at. What He wants for her will happen no matter where we are. I just have to keep praying He keeps her here with us and keep the FAITH, no matter what. Grant it I am scared to death...literally, but I am trying to prepare myself. I know that it could happen, thing is can anyone REALLY prepare themselves to loose a child, let alone any loved one? I discuss this with Susan and she continually tells me, "you are one strong woman" In all honesty I do have my moments of weakness and break down and cry, but it is usually when no one is looking. I can't and won't let Nathan or Amelia see me that way. Nate has NO IDEA of what is going on and well I am the one who Amelia relies on and I can't let her know that I am scared to death when I know that she is shaking in her boots and feels like she has no control over her life! She too though is a strong little girl, for all she has been through, she just keeps on trucking along. She has surgery and bounces back so quick and ready to go. She will need that for sure to get her through this transplant!

She was sick last week with a sinus infection, both eyes were infected. She seemed to have been getting better, but this morning she is sneezing and sniffling....who knows. We had her CBC done Thursday and they were pretty good. They held for a month, because we had gotten them done right before we left on our trip. Her white cells were 5.4...that's good but a little high for her so I am wondering if that is a sign that something is going on, could be the sinuses are flaring up again. Her hemoglobin was 9.4...for and FAer that's OK, and her platelets were 24 and I think a month ago they were 26, so I am happy with those. I am sure we won't get them done again till we go to Cincinnati.
I'm hoping this week coming, we have no other mishaps and only have one scheduled appointment and that one is for Marshall. We go to the ENT to get a check up and, lucky him, a scope of the sinuses! Amelia has to go to school, she has LEAP testing to do on Tuesday....pray she feels better so she can fully concentrate on this test as her passing depends on it!!!
I'm also praying that when Ty goes back to the doctor on the 31st the doctor releases him back to full duty! We are dying with out the help of those details!!

Well I gotta run we are heading out to another crawfish boil...yeah I know your jealous Stefunk!
We had one last weekend at my mom and dad's and now this weekend yum!!!


Here's what Amelia had for breakfast!! The Breakfast of Champions.....





No comments: