PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

I honestly and literally can not handle another blow!! My stress level is off the charts right now. I finally get my mind settled that we are going to transplant and let things go. I emailed the doctor today to see where we stand as far as a donor goes this is what I got in response from him....
Kelly

Here is what I learned.

John,
The prelim search looks good for potential 8/8 donors. Unfortunately, insurance coverage has not been determined and we need that to formalize the search here. I'm told that our financial rep has tried to reach Mrs. Bennett by phone to problem solve surrounding what she learned from Louisiana MA case mgr., but so far no response. Hopefully she can now reach Mrs. Bennett via email.

Funny thing is...I never received any phone calls what so ever about this and here I was the entire time thinking that they were already narrowing down a donor. Then I finally get a phone call late this afternoon that well nothing has progress any further due to our insurance coverage. We only have a $300,000 dollar cap on transplants, so they are not wanting to touch us. We do have La Medicaid on Marshall and Amelia only because of their disease, but Medicaid doesn't pay very much because it is a secondary insurance and their rate of pay isn't comp able to Minnesota's. They have such a higher cost of living there!

So now I start the fight of our lives with the insurance companies!!!
Please keep us in your prayers as I set out to fight to get her the transplant that she needs WHERE she needs it at!!!
I will try and keep you posted on all of this! I need to go settle down and think things through more thoroughly.....I'll be back when I know more....

No comments: