PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Happy Anniversary


Today we celebrate 17 years of wedded bliss!! We have had ups and downs, trials and tribulations and been tested a lot, but we remain strong and committed to each other, more today than the day we said I do. The ride through this journey has been worth it and keeps getting better and better!!


Dear Mr. Bennett,
Another year has passed and we have again survived some ups and downs together. Our life has been tested in more than one way and we continue to turn to each other for support. I think that says a lot for our relationship. It was very hard to go almost a month with out a proper hug from you, but, after your accident, I knew that I was just lucky to still have you here and to be able to wait for you to heal to give me that hug. Our love grows stronger and stronger each and every year. I think I love you more today than I did 17 years ago!! Yes it is still hard for me to believe that I still married you, even after you tossed a 50 cent coin in the middle of our wedding. I love the way you take time out to spend with the kids, even when I know that you are tired and they need that too.
You have made my life so much better and so very, very interesting! There is no place else I would rather be than in the safety of your arms… you are always there to help comfort me. I try to be strong for the kids and not let them see me worry, but its very hard to do sometimes. I love the fact that you know just how much I do to keep this family running smoothly, and for that you call me your Glue! I love the way you always tell me goodbye in the mornings, when you were working or anytime you leave and we will be apart for the day. I don’t think we have ever left each other with out a kiss or an I love you! And that I do not ever want to change. Your accident proved to me how quickly life can change. I am so thankful that we got to take a wonderful trip to Vegas, by ourselves. I love the kids, don’t get me wrong, but for the First time in almost 17 years we were alone on a vacation, it was nice.
I know Monday is going to be another adjustment for me. I have grown to love spending every single day with you for the last 3 months and taking care of you! I know that I will still and always be taking care of you. That is my job and I love my job immensely! I know that it is time for you to return to work, but I will so MISS you! Most people keep asking me if you are driving me nuts being home, or if I am ready for you to go back to work…truthfully I am not. You were a wonderful patient. Much better than the time the tree fell on the same leg and crushed. Of course you were older this time and we had more kids this time around! It just proves to me that when it is time for you to retire, we can and will be able to spend lots of time together and not get one each others nerves.

It is so true that I know you are my soul mate and that it was just meant for us to be together. Our paths have crossed over the years prior to our first date way too many times. Like the quote from
"Sweet Home Alabama"
where she says no one meets their soul mate at 8 years old….well I did! Who would have know all those years ago…. I guess no other three little words could not say it any better than I LOVE YOU!! Today tomorrow and always…………
Your Loving Wife,
Mrs. Bennett


Happy Anniversary!!!




No comments: