PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Forgive me....

Forgive me today I am just a little giddy....

It has been quite some time since we had Marshall's CBC (Blood counts)done.

Well today we went to the endocrinologist, everything was excellent and this is what we are blessed with 7 years later after 9and a half moths of pure HELL!!






Here take a closer look:



Doing the happy dance! This is a child who lived on weekly platelet transfusions and at the time of his brain hemorrhage he had a platelet count of 3!! Everything is in the normal range with no little letter along side of them.

I will never forget one of the first times we saw our local hem/oc doctor at Ochsner's. We had just switched from Tulane to there so I was going though his counts and when I got to his platelet count it was 11 and next to it there was a p...well I knew what a L was for, duh, low, and an H was for High, F meant footnote, but a P that was the first time I had seen a p so I asked the doctor what a P was for he said......Panic. Oh!! Well his counts stayed that low for almost 3 years till it was time to go to transplant. Not just the platelets, but when Marshall was diagnosed his Hemoglobin was only about 10 and just continued to drop till we had him put on Oxymethalone...at one point, I remember it well it was the day of his Kindergarten graduation and as soon as it was over we had to load him in the car and take him straight to Ochsner's for his first transfusion of red cells his hemoglobin was about 7...the Doctor said as much energy as he had at a HGB of 7 its a wonder he didn't have a heart attack! Thanking God for the miracle of life today!!!






PS: if this is a little un understandable, I was typing it with three kids running around screaming and wanting this and that......

No comments: