PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spunky Monkey!!

She is one tough cookie with more spunk than any one I have ever met. Yesterday she made me take her to get her hair shaved off. She begged me and I said what ever, I'm not going to argue she is the one who has to go through all of this so, we walked about 5 or 6 blocks ( I did any way she was in the stroller) got her head shaved and it was done. See the picture below, I took too a place called Stadium Hair cuts and after it was all over with the lady said "it's on the house! I can't charge you for this!" She did it with a smile on her face, she is brave! She loves the no hair thing especially this morning when it came time to get up and get dressed, cause that meant no hair to comb!
Any way tomorrow she has one morning doctor visit and then I have a few in the afternoon that she doesn't need to go to. Then on Thursday she has her GFR test the test for her kidney. Then we are finished till Friday at 6:30 she will be admitted and then she will have radiation at 8 am.
Well gotta run will update more!
Blessings

4 comments:

Leighsa said...

That one made me cry Kelly! I could picture EXACTLY where you were and was pushing Cameron around in a stroller those same places. Amelia is such a brave soul! The good thing is that post-transplant you will be able to push her around the campus and get some fresh air. There are some beautiful places to walk down by the river too. Hugs to all of you.

Terri said...

Enjoy your day "off" today, Amelia. You are a true warrior and we are SOOOO proud of you! You look so dang cute in your new buzz. Bailey is anxious to see you. I don't know if you remember Bailey from when we visited you at the RMH when Marshall was still in the hospital. We're bringing you some popsicles and will drop them off in the freezer at RMH. Let me know if there is anything else on your list! Bailey has a 2:30 app't, should last around 3 hours, so we'll be by after your 2nd (do you have 2 a day?) radiation session. See you tomorrow! Hugs, Terri & Bailey

Terri said...

Good luck today, Amelia! We keeping you very close in our thoughts and prayers. One day down, and moving forward finally.

Clarence P said...

God bbless