PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bittersweet news!

Happy Cinco De Mayo!!
We got the phone call earlier today that we have been waiting two weeks for. The donor has been cleared and we are proceeding with all plans. I am pretty much packed and just about ready to leave Saturday morning. Amelia will start her work up week on May 10th with an admitt date of May 20th and then on the 21st she will start the process with full body radiation. Transplant date will be May 27th. It is such bitter sweet news, I am happy that there is no more waiting for donors and that this is all finally working out, but at the same time I know what we are facing and the mountain that we are about to climb. I think we are ready, well as ready as one can be for this journey! Now we pray for safe journey up there and for my husband and son as they drive back home, and that we can get into the Ronald McDonald House, I hope we can get in there. I just don't know if we can afford too many hotel nights! Well gotta run and get to more packing!!!
Blessings everyone!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're on your way now--with or without bathrooms being open! I am thinking of you and praying for a safe trip and a stupendously successful and uneventful BMT for Amelia. Sending lots and lots of love, hugs, and prayers to you all.

Mary Ann Gormley