PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Trying to Find The Humor.......

Well I know all the sayings.....when life throws ya lemons ya make lemonaide...you play the hand you are delt.....yadayadayadayada.

Well when we landed in the ER this past Thursday night...well I tried to find the humor in it, I wasn't there for one of the kids which would be ones first thoughts as we have three and two of them suffer from a terminal illness (for those of you who don't know) called Fanconi Anemia, which is of course is a blood disease among other things. So back to the ER trip, we were there for my husband, he had been complaining a few nights in a row after coming home from work about his left leg being swollen and a little sore, didn't think much of it, he is a police officer and has been flagging a lot of school zones with school started around here, and has been on his feet a lot and this is the leg that about nine years ago a tree fell on him and he had to have a steel rod put in it. But tonight he came home and took off his sock and you could see the significant swelling in it and it was a little warm and kinda red around it, at first, he thought something bit him but them he said he didn't see where anything would have bit him. I asked my mom what she thought, he asked his mom what she thought, well needless to say we all came to the same conclusion.....a blood clot...well you know how hard headed men can be...No its nothing I'll just go to work and then try to get a doctors appointment on Monday......
Well my aunt died just a few months ago and it was from a blood clot in the leg, so with much urging from the women in his life off to the ER we went. I told him that would be fine if they tell us it is just a pulled muscle or a bug bite......I really don't mind looking stupid fot that, actually I wouls prefer it.
We arrived at the ER for about 9 pm. They took us into the triage room and got started and then out to the waiting room, a little while later we went back to ultrasound, then to the waiting room then back for blood work then finaly back to a room in the ER, first thing they told him is we need to start an IV. I thought OK we aren't going home any time soon ( that was about 11:30). The doctor came back in and said yes it was a blood clot...but don't make any calls or anything yet we have to wait on some more results before we talk about a plan of action so more waiting then back agian and she says it is a blood clot,but not the kind that can kill you, she said it was on the outer veins not a deep vein. Ok thought we would be able to go home soon well we waited and waied and waited they came in and did some kind of blood pressure thing where they messure it laying flat for a few minutes, sitting straight up for a few minutes and then standing for a few minutes.....we waited some more, then the doc came in again...a female at that, and said I need to do a rectal examine....my husband was like what I came in here for a blood clot in my leg what does that have anything to do with any thing. That when she said well we have had some other stuff come up in your blood work and well you are this close to needing a blood transfusion..your hemoglobin is 8. What is normal...14-17 for a male....OK here is where I try to find the humor...at least it is a little bit of something that I know about at least I have been dealing with blood and blood counts for nearly 11 years!!!!

Well he ended up not getting the transfusion, but had to go to his doctor ASAP...so we did and well they took more blood and threw out things that it could be, but we won't know till the results come back...in the mean time we just sit tight and wait.......

So that is where we are now waiting again the story of my life............

No comments: