PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Counts...

We got Amelia's counts back...They are stable and will get us a ticket for another month.
Counts are
Wbc 3.4 (White Blood Cells)
Hgb 8.2 (hemoglobin)
Plt 24 (platelets)

ANC 850 (Absolute Nutraphil Count, Immune system) they like to have this abouve 1000 and Not below 500.

I have asked her doctor about a drug that might keep her counts up. The problem is they are not sure what they can do to the out come of a bone marrow transplant. Marshall was on a harsh one for years, but we had no choice with him as we could not find a match for him. Below is what the Dr sent me back about my question when I asked him how low would we let her counts get and can we try Danazole an androgen known to help with the Hgb.


"This is a good question. I dont know the answer on the danazol; it might be ok these days but Im hesitant to give. The good news is that you still have time as Amelia's counts have stayed up there longer than I expected. Ill keep my fingers crossed that she can wait. Id first use the G CSF (Neupogen) if I had do for her ANC if <500 but you are right that only the danazol has a chance for helping the platelets (although there is a new drug these days we might try). If she needs it, Ill see if I can get it for her. Nonetheless, Im hoping that the new policy starts July 2011 and I bet she can make that date. John"



So this is where we are today still needing you to pray for her, she has the sniffles right now and a cough...
I am thankful that her counts have remained stable, I just really pray that they can stay that way till all of this insurance stuff can be deciphered!
I'm hoping to get up some recipes later today....They were YUMMY!
Blessings,



No comments: