PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Tasty....

Tasty Tuesday ummm Monday...
I made this, this past weekend. I was going through the freezer and came across a bag of shrimp that we had gotten last year. My husband said enjoy them, because it doesn't look like we are going to be getting any this year with that nasty oil still a spewing in the gulf! I also had zucchini and squash that I needed to use so he is the recipe....
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
4 cups thinly sliced yellow squash
3 cups thinly sliced Zucchini
1 pound medium shrimp (later this week I am going to try it with ck breast tenders)
1 tsp of dried basil
1tsp of dried oregano
salt
pepper
3 garlic cloves minced
4 cups hot cooked penne pasta
Parmesan cheese or I uses Finley shredded mozzarella

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add squash and zucchini and saute 10 minutes. Add shrimp; saute 3 minutes. Add juice and next 5 ingredients ; cook 2 minutes or until shrimp are done. Combine shrimp mixture with pasta in a large bowl toss gently. you can put the cheese on top here or when you serve it in the plate.









Don't laugh at our fine china...as you regulars know it's all we use around here.
Marshall said this was the bast pasta he's ever had!

I also made two delicious deserts...
First is a lemon meringue cake...yes I said or wrote CAKE...if you are a lemon lover like us this is for you..easy, easy lemon peasy I know a little corny but true.
Just make the lemon cake as directed on the box buy lemon pie filling or if you want to go through the trouble make the homemade kind layer the cake with the pie filling and then make a meringue and use as icing.

put back in oven at 350* till meringue is golden brown.


Trust me it was slap yo momma good!!


and then there were the whippersnappers, these you can make with any box of cake mix they are really good with strawberry, but today I went with the trusty ole chocolate. These are easy too.

Whippersnappers

1 box of cake mix
1 tub of cool whip

1 egg


beat them all together form balls and roll into powdered sugar and bake at 350* for 12-15 minutes..yummy

of course I didn't have cool whip so I had to make my own with heavy whipping cream....






and the finished product.



Well enjoy your day now that I have made you hungry....


2 comments:

Stefunkc said...

My husband could move in with you and never miss me for a day. He doesn't get seafood here!
And, wow! Meringue scares me!

Melissa said...

YUM! That shrimp dish looked so good! I love just putting things together with what you have in the house! (until I try to make it again and can't remember what i did!) :)