PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

When it rains it does more than pour!!

Where to start?? Let's see Amelia first and foremost is doing awesome!! That is some of the greatest news of all. We will be flying back to Minneapolis on Wednesday and seeing Dr Wagner on Thursday and then flying back home on Friday.
This past week has been hectic to say the least, but the week before this week we started it with Marshall needing a CT scan of his head, due to a concussion. Thankfully all was well but he had a serious headache and of course we were in the ER most of the night cause it happened at like 5:30. Then over the weekend we went to Biloxi for my cousins weeding, you will see some pictures below. Ty (dad and my hubby) had been complaining of being tired and short of breath a bit and headaches, at first I just thought OK we are both out of shape and need to get back into shape. Didn't think anymore of it till he went to give blood at the blood mobile on Sunday. They did a finger stick and told him he couldn't give because his counts weren't high enough. So I called on Monday morning to set him up an appointment with our general doctor to have the counts checked. I couldn't get him in until Thursday morning. So we get up and get ready to go Thursday morning and my cell phone rings as we are going out the driveway. It's Nathan's school, I thought this is going to be good cause in the 4 years that Nathan has been in school I have never once gotten a call from the schools or him. So the nurse said I have Nathan, who NEVER visits me here in my office and well he was complaining of his heart hurting so I took his heart rate and it was a little elevated at 135, so I made him sit still for about 10 minutes and we took it again and it was still high at 135.
Can you say freak out?? We rushed to the school and on the way I called the pediatrician's office to see what to do and they said just bring him straight in. Of course by the time we get to him at school he had burped and felt better. But a burp will not make your heart rate go up that high! His normal heart rate range is between 60 and 90! Thankfully the two doctors office were only a few miles away from each other. I dropped off Ty and headed to the pediatricians office. Of course they didn't know what it was or why so they ordered an EKG and a 24 hour halter monitor. Ty of course didn't find any thing out either, they drew some blood and so on. Friday morning the doctor called and said he wanted him off of work for the next 7-10 days cause there is no way he can function adequately. Nate had to go back to the doctor because he was complaining about not being able to pee...so back to the doctor we went and he had to get some cream, cause there was some irritation there. As for my hubby we have no idea why his hemoglobin and iron level have dropped so low I think it was like 8 well a normal HGB level for a male is 15, that's what Nathan's was when they took his on Thursday.
We found out that the EKG was normal, they haven't read the monitor. We go back to the pediatrician's on Tuesday. I think though, for my own piece of mind I will be taking him to a cardiologist just to make sure and be absolutely sure that there is nothing wrong. Then Marshall comes home and he is complaining about it hurting when he pees and that he is going frequently. So I'm sure I'll be back at the Dr's with him on Monday. The doctor for Ty is suppose to be setting him up an appointment to get an iron infusion. I am hoping that it will be Tuesday. So he will have some energy while I am gone cause he will have to take care of the other kids while we are gone.
I told them I am not going to make it to my 50th birthday. lol


..here are a few pictures of her from last weekend...
This is Nate and Mimi handing out the programs.
Here is Amelia and her favorite guy in the world! Her Papaw (my dad)


here she is all alone and full of smiles!!

Here is Papaw and 2 of his 4 grand kids...

No comments: