PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Yellow Crayons....

We have a problem in this house... my littlest one loves all things yellow! Well a while, way back, I noticed a yellow crayon in his pants pocket after it had been washed and dried melted in his pocket. I just thought that he had for got it in there. It wasn't very big and caused no other damage than that to his own pocket. Fast forward to about a week ago, as I was doing the laundry again, I found 2 more yellow crayons, thankfully this time I found them before they hit the drier or so I thought....there must have been one that got a way from me. Now you would think that I would have learned my lesson and learned to check his pants pockets. But the truth is that after the last time, I had a talk with him to figure out why he was bringing home all the yellow crayons from his class room, God knows they can't have any left in there!!! So upon interrogating questioning, I was told that the reason that he brought the crayons home was because they reminded him of gold and he wanted to put them in his treasure chest. So we talked about it and he told me he wouldn't bring them home any more. I know, I know, 2 strikes against him already, 1 he's only 5 and the 2 he's male! But I don't fully blame him, I am just as wrong as he as I should be checking his pockets better....





well I didn't this morning and imagine my madness when I found this.....this morning


hmmm let me see if I can make this bigger?



That's the culprit in the pocket.....Here are what some of the clothes look like...












These pictures do it no justice!! When asked about the yellow crayon in his pocket this afternoon, his reply to me was....."I don't want to discuss it." what do you say to that reply from a 5 year old!!!

No comments: